Urban Cowgirl - Mini Quilt in Progress

6:13 AM

By now you may have heard about my latest obsession - charm packs - the little stacks of pre-cut fabrics already mixed and matched for you.  I first discovered them while choosing fabric for my Summer Stitching Club project.  At this point I've collected nearly a dozen packs. They are completely addictive. Seriously.

I saw a pin on Pinterest that featured a mini-quilt by Diary of a Quilter.  The project was done nearly two years ago and is something I never would have found on my own. So YAY for Pinterest!

Using Urban Cowgirl by Moda, I've created this mini-quilt top:

I want to be a Cowgirl
I added some hexagons of this crazy fabric I purchased, which my MIL thought was ugly.

Yee Haw!

This little fat quarter was sticking out of the shelf at a jaunty angle, which is why it caught my eye. I  just had to have it. It's by Windham Fabrics, but I couldn't say what year it was released. I'm not able to find much info abou it, so I gather it's old.

I didn't realize at the time it was in the same color palette as my Urban Cowgirl, but doesn't it look dandy in there!

Looking Dandy!

This is a much more traditional style of fabric that I didn't think I would like, but the more I put these little hexies together the more I loved it.  I was thinking of gifting it to someone when it was finished, but nothing doing now. It's all mine!

So, now that I've got the quilt top done I just need to learn how to finish it with a backing and quilt the top. I don't think I'll be doing any kind of fancy stitching as I'm only just now learning how to use a sewing machine. Yes, you read that right. I hand sew everything.

Here's one last look at the fabric...



See how the blue in my cowboy fabric picks up the blue in the paisley? That's serendipity for you.  

xo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images