One Done Bunny

2:04 PM

I finished my freehand stitching of the bunny.  It came out ok. And I mean just ok. I was tempted to restitch but the Peanut liked it the way it came out. 

Here you can see I added a pom-pom that I found lying in the craft drawer to give it some dimension.


Maybe I should have not left so much white space.


 I stitched the felt first and then sewed the felt to the fleece.  I thought about a blanket stitch. Didn't do one though.

I think next time I should plan ahead!




I have stitched felt to fleece before and didn't run into any problems.  This time however I noticed the fleece fuzz coming up through the stitches.  I don't know if there was anything I could have done to prevent that. It isn't noticeable at a distance but up close I can see it and it bugs me.  Maybe I need a less nappy fleece.

I've got a few other stitched things that I've finished in the past few days.  Here's a bird I did up yesterday in a pinch.

Nestled In The Branches


I am in love with this fabric.  So far my MIL has made me two throw pillows and a quilt for my wall. I even Macguyvere'd a slim curtain for the window in my hallway.  I'm down to just scraps now. I did a few accent stitches on the bird, leaves, & branches and added a few french knots for depth.  I also stitched the words "Blue skies, smiling at me..." but those will get picked out and redone.


Here's my first redwork piece.  The pattern (which I found at Flickr) is called Robots in Spring by Sibling Craftery.  There's much more to the pattern, I've only grabbed one robot. :)


All Our Base Belong To Us

I'm also working on another stitch book. Pics of that soon! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images